Your future responsibilities
We are looking for an extremely talented research unit head who will serve as leader and promoter of the highest quality, industry-ready research in the field of power electronics.
- Further development of a research unit with currently more than 10 scientists with the focus on power electronic converter systems for a wide range of fields and applications.
- Vision for long-term research opportunities in power electronics.
- Setting up and managing research projects together with a variety of industrial and academic partners .
- Shaping the division research program and project portfolio together with supervisors and peers.
- Effective delegation of research questions to the right combination of SAL scientists for best team performance.
- Research unit budget and resource planning and controlling.
- Overall, guiding the research unit towards generation of high-quality research findings, scientific excellence, and economic impact.
- Development of power electronic hardware topologies and architectures. Focus on highly compact converting systems for various fields of application with low to medium power ranges.
- Advanced modeling and optimization of electronic systems.
- Developing of control architectures and modulation strategies for dynamic and efficient converting systems.
- Design of magnetic components and transformers (incl. planar) for fast switching converting systems.
- Vision for how future power electronics systems and topologies can benefit from other scientific domains (e.g. artificial intelligence, sensor technology, thermal engineering, numerical techniques…).